If your key seems to be missing, you may be wondering how to solve the “Locked Keys in Car” dilemma. There are a number of different ways to locate keys on your vehicle, and you should be able to come up with a few good solutions.
* First, if you’re lucky enough to have a car alarm, you might not need to worry about the keys. In most cases, an alarm will shut off the ignition as soon as your car is left unattended for a period of time. If the alarm is on, however, it can give you some time to find the missing key before it kicks in.
* If you don’t have an alarm, then you may want to make sure you take the car keys with you while you’re at work. Even if you have a keyless remote, you may be tempted to take it with you to the office because you can’t remember which car it’s connected to. Leaving it in your car could mean that it won’t open the car trunk or any of the other locks, and it could prevent your keys from coming out at all.
* If you don’t have a keyless remote, and you have the key on the inside of your car, you can try one of a couple of ways to get into the car. Sometimes these are locked so you’ll need to have a keyed-in access code and sometimes they’re wired, so you’ll need to have a keypad with a built-in transmitter.
* Some car locks have electronic devices called keycards on the doors, which are a perfect solution for keeping your car keys locked away in case they get misplaced. Some models have the keys programmed so that if they’re ever pressed against the door locks and a code is entered, the car locks will automatically unlock the door.
If you’re not having any luck locating your keys on your car, you may be able to call a locksmith to come out and look for the car. This is another option, but it’s usually only effective if you know the make and model of the car in question.
* If you do find your car keys, you can try putting them in the ignition and turn them on. It’s a good idea to put them in the right place so that they can’t be removed without causing a lot of damage to the car. Don’t simply try to get into the car, either.
* It’s also a good idea to bring the car keys with you while you’re driving. If you lose your keys and someone else has a copy of your key, they’ll have a copy of the car’s owner’s license number so that they can get the car unlocked in the event that you forget to turn them in after you leave it.
* Finally, if you can’t figure out how to locate your locked keys in a locked car, you can try to call the locksmith and let them unlock the door for you. It’s best to do this when the keys are turned off because they might be disabled if you’ve had them on the ignition for a long time. When you’re at the locksmith’s office, let them know you have the keys on hand and ask them to take care of it, even if it costs you money.